Berean Baptist Church
4800 SW 20 St - Ocala FL 34474 - (352) 237-5611
Dr Mike Patton, Senior Pastor
...they (the Bereans) received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily,
whether those things were so. (Acts 17:11b)
KJV 1611 - INDEPENDENT - FUNDAMENTAL
Berean Baptist Church is conveniently located on SW 20 St just one mile from the intersection of SW 60 Ave to the West and approximately two miles from the intersection of SR200 to the East.
In July 1974 Dr Gerald E Golding started holding services in a little white house by the side of College Road (SR200). After two weeks of preaching services and much prayer, 16 joined together in charter membership of College Park Baptist Church on August 7, 1974. A State Charter was received, along with recognition from the Federal Government, on August 29, 1974. The church completed a 6,800 sq ft education building on Airport Road (SW 20 St) with dedication on April 18, 1976. On June 27, 1979, the name was changed to Airport Baptist Church and on November 14, 1984, the name of the church was changed to Berean Baptist Church.
Dr Gerald Golding original meeting place on SR 200 new church building in 1976
The following pastors have served Berean:
On March 21, 1993, Rev Mike Patton was called as our Pastor and on June 4. 2004, Pastor Mike Patton received his Doctor of Divinity Degree from the North Carolina College of Theology in Wilmington NC.
Dr Mike Patton